PhD in Biological Sciences, Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences (FCEN), University of Buenos Aires (UBA). Has been Assistant Teacher at the Department of Biology and Chief Instructor at the Department of Physiology and Molecular and Cell Biology, FCEN-UBA.
Visiting Fellow at the Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany. Postdoctoral studies at the Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California in San Francisco (UCSF), USA (2002-2007). Upon her return to Argentina, she was appointed Chief Instructor and Adjunct Researcher under the National Scientists Repatriation Program (PIDRI) at the Department of Biological Chemistry, FCEN-UBA (2008-2009).
Chief Instructor at the Department of Physiology, Molecular, and Cell Biology, FCEN-UBA between 2009 and 2013, and currently, she is a guest lecturer at the Universities in several international and national biology and biomedicine courses.
Independent Researcher at the National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET) of Argentina and a group leader of the ‘Cancer Stem Cells and Cell Plasticity’ at IBioBA.
- Muñoz-Bernart M*, Budnik N*, Castro A, Manzi M, Monge ME, Pioli J, Defranchi S, Parrilla G, Santilli JP, Davies K, Espinosa JM, Kobayashi K, Vigliano C, Perez-Castro C.
S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase-like protein 1 (AHCYL1) inhibits lung cancer tumorigenesis by regulating cell plasticity.
Biol Direct 18: 8 (2023)
* Contributed equally
- Vera M.B., Morris-Hanon O., Nogueiras G.I., Ripari L.B., Esquivel M.I., Perez-Castro C., Romorini L., Sevlever G.E., Scassa M.E., Videla-Richardson G.A.
Noxa and Mcl-1 expression influence the sensitivity to BH3-mimetics that target Bcl-xL in patient-derived glioma stem cells.
Sci Rep. 12:17729 (2022).
- Cuenca, M.B., Canedo, L., Perez-Castro, C*., Grecco, H.E*.
An Integrative and Modular Framework to Recapitulate Emergent Behavior in Cell Migration.
Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology 8: 615759 (2020).
- Tomas, L., Florio, T., Perez-Castro, C.
Extracellular Vesicles Loaded miRNAs as Potential Modulators Shared Between Glioblastoma, and Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Diseases.
Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience 14: 590034 (2020).
- Ferreyra Solari NE, Belforte FS, Canedo L, Videla-Richardson GA, Espinosa JM, Rossi M, Serna E, Riudavets MA, Martinetto H, Sevlever G and Perez-Castro C.
The NSL Chromatin-Modifying Complex Subunit KANSL2 Regulates Cancer Stem–like Properties in Glioblastoma That Contribute to Tumorigenesis.
Cancer Research 76: 5383-5394 (2016)
- Parra, R.G.; Rohr, C.O.; Koile, D.; Perez-Castro, C.; Yankilevich, P.
INSECT 2.0: a web-server for genome-wide cis-regulatory modules prediction.
Bioinformatics 32:1229-31 (2016)
- Rohr, C.O.; Parra, R.G.;Yankilevich*, P.;Perez Castro, C*.
INSECT: In silico search for co-occurring transcription factors.
Bioinformatics 29:2852-2858 (2013).
- Perez Castro, C.; Renner, U.; Haedo, M.; Gunter, K.; Stalla, G.K.; Arzt, E.
Cellular and Molecular Specificity of Pituitary Gland Physiology.
Physiological Reviews 92:1-38 (2012).
- Perez-Castro, C., Piscopo, D, Nakagawa, T, Derynck, R.
Cornichon regulates transport and secretion of TGF-alpha related proteins in metazoan cells.
Journal of Cell Science 120:2454-2466 (2007)
- Carbia-Nagashima, A., Gerez, J., Perez-Castro, C., Paez-Pereda, M., Silberstein, S., Stalla, G.K., Holsboer, F., Arzt, E.
A new small RWD-containing protein enhances SUMO conjugation and stabilizes HIF-1alpha during hypoxia.
Cell 131:309-323 (2007).
- Nakagawa, T., Guichard, A., Castro, C.P., .Bier, E., Derynck, R.
Characterization of a human rhomboid homolog, p100hRho/RHBDF1, which interacts with TGF-α family ligands.
Developmental Dynamics 233:1315–1331 (2005).
- Perez-Castro, C., Giacomini, D., Carbia Nagashima, A., Onofri, C, Graciarena, M., Kobayashi, K., Páez-Pereda, M., Renner, U., Stalla, G.K.; Arzt, E.
Reduced expression of the cytokine transducer gp130 inhibits hormone secretion, cell growth and tumor development of pituitary lactosomatotrophic GH3 cells.
Endocrinology 144:693-700 (2003).