Biochemist, obtained her undergraduate Degree at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires (UBA). She received her PhD at the Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences (FCEN) of the UBA in 2007. Postdoctoral fellow at the FCEN-UBA (2007-2009). Assistant Researcher at the Laboratory of Physiology and Molecular Biology, FCEN-UBA, Argentina (2009-2012). Project Leader of the “Study of the role of SUMOylation as a regulator of the glucocorticoid receptor and co-chaperones activity in stress and inflammation” and “Study of the signaling pathways regulated by activation of P2X7 receptor and its functional relation with PARP1 and the glucocorticoid receptor in the inflammatory context” research projects at the IBioBA-MPSP since 2012, as an Associate Researcher of CONICET.
- Liberman AC*, Budziñiski ML, Sokn C, Gobbini RP, Ugo B, Arzt E*. *co-responsables.
SUMO conjugation as regulator of the glucocorticoid receptor-FKBP51 cellular response to stress.
Steroids, 153:108520 (2020).
- Antunica-Noguerol M, Budziñski ML, Druker J, Gassen NC, Sokn MC, Senin S, Aprile-Garcia F, Holsboer F, Rein T, Liberman AC*, Arzt E*. *Equal contribution.
The activity of the glucocorticoid receptor is regulated by SUMO conjugation to FKBP51.
Cell Death Differ. 23:1579-91 (2016)
- Druker J, Liberman AC, Antunica Noguerol M, Gerez J, Paez Pereda M, Rein T, Iñiguez Lluhí JA, Holsboer F, Arzt E.
RSUME enhances Glucocorticoid Receptor SUMOylation and transcriptional activity.
Molecular and Cellular Biology. 33:2116-27 (2013)
- Underlying mechanisms of cAMP- and glucocorticoid-mediated inhibition of FasL expression in activation-induced cell death.
Molecular Immunology. 50:220-35 (2012)
- Liberman AC, Castro CN, Noguerol MA, Barcala Tabarrozi AE, Druker J, Perone MJ, Arzt E.
Immunomodulation by glucocorticoids: from basic research to clinical implications.
Current Immunol Reviews. 12:122-127 (2010)
- Liberman AC, Druker J, Refojo D, Holsboer F, Arzt E.
Glucocorticoids inhibit GATA-3 phosphorylation and activity in T cells.
FASEB J. 23:1558-71 (2009)
- Liberman AC, Refojo D, Druker J, Toscano MA, Rhein T, Holsboer F, Arzt E.
The activated glucocorticoid receptor inhibits the transcription factor T-bet by direct protein- protein interaction.
FASEB J. 21:1177-88 (2007)
- Liberman AC, Druker J, Perone M, Holsboer F., Arzt E.
Glucocorticoids in the regulation of transcription factors that control cytokine synthesis.
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 18:45-56 (2007)