Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, United Kingdom (2000-2005). Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Warwick, United Kingdom (2005-2007) and the University of Manchester, United Kingdom (2007-2010). In 2010 she returned to Argentina as a researcher for the National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET), and worked at the Behavioral Genetics Laboratory, Leloir Instituter (2010-2014). In 2014 she joined the Neuroscience area of IBioBA, where she is the Project Leader of the Neurobiology of Sleep project.
- Lia Frenkel, Nara I. Muraro, Andrea N. Beltrán González, María S. Marcora, Guillermo Bernabó, Christiane Hermann-Luibl, Juan I. Romero, Charlotte Helfrich-Förster, Eduardo M. Castaño, Cristina Marino-Busjle, Daniel J. Calvo, M. Fernanda Ceriani.
Organization of Circadian Behavior Relies on Glycinergic Transmission.
Cell Reports 19:72–85 (2017)
- Muraro, N.I.; Ceriani, M.F.
Acetylcholine from Visual Circuits Modulates the Activity of Arousal Neurons in Drosophila.
The Journal of Neuroscience 35:16315-16327 (2015)
- Muraro NI, Pírez N, Ceriani MF
The Circadian system: Plasticity at many levels.
Neuroscience 247C:280-293 (2013)
- Driscoll H, Muraro NI and Baines RA.
Pumilio-2 regulates translation of Nav1.6 to mediate homeostasis of membrane excitability
J. Neurosci 33:9644-54 (2013)
- Depetris-Chauvin A, Berni J, Aranovich EJ, Muraro NI, Beckwith EJ, Ceriani MF.
Adult-specific electrical silencing of pacemaker neurons uncouples molecular oscillator from circadian outputs.
Current Biology 21(21):1783-93 (2011)
- Muraro NI, Stacey SM, Peco E, Labbé A, Thomas GB, Baines RA, van Meyel DJ.
Drosophila Glial Glutamate Transporter Eaat1 is Regulated by Fringe-mediated Notch signaling and is Essential for Larval Locomotion.
J Neurosci 30(43):14446-57 (2010)
- Lin WH, Wright DE, Muraro NI, Baines RA.
Alternative splicing in the voltage-gated sodium channel DmNav regulates activation, inactivation and persistent current.
J Neurophysiol 102(3):1994-2006 (2009)
- Muraro NI, Weston AJ, Gerber AP, Luschnig S, Moffat KG, Baines RA.
Pumilio binds para mRNA and requires Nanos and Brat to regulate sodium current in Drosophila motoneurons.
J Neurosci 28(9):2099-109 (2008)
- Muraro NI and Moffat KG.
Down-regulation of torp4a, encoding the Drosophila homologue of torsinA, results in increased neuronal degeneration.
J Neurobiol 66(12):1338-53 (2006)
- Ferrari CC, Depino AM, Prada F, Muraro N, Campbell S, Podhajcer O, Perry VH, Anthony DC, Pitossi FJ
Reversible demyelination, blood-brain barrier breakdown, and pronounced neutrophil recruitment induced by chronic IL-1 expression in the brain.
Am J Pathol 165(5):1827-37 (2004)