PhD in Biological Sciences, University of Buenos Aires (2000). Research internship at the Institute of Physiology, University of Wuerzburg, Germany (1999-2001).
Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of California San Diego, USA (2002-2008). In 2009 she returned to Argentina with a position as Researcher at the National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET), where she worked at the Laboratory of Neuronal Plasticity at the Leloir Institute (2009-2012). In 2013 she joined the IBIOBA-MPSP as a leader of the Neuronal Circuits Research Group.
- Di Bella DJ, Carcagno AL, Bartolomeu ML, Pardi MB, Löhr H, Siegel N, Hammerschmidt M, Marín-Burgin A, Lanuza GM
Ascl1 Balances Neuronal versus Ependymal Fate in the Spinal Cord Central Canal.
Cell Rep. 2264-2274.e3. (2019)
- Tomasella E, Bechelli L, Ogando MB, Mininni C, Di Guilmi MN, De Fino F, Zanutto S, Elgoyhen AB, Marin-Burgin A, Gelman DM.
Dopamine D2 receptor selective deletion from parvalbumin interneurons causes schizophrenia-like phenotypes.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 115:3476-3481 (2018)
- Pardi M.B., Ogando M.B., Schinder A.F., Marin-Burgin A.
Differential inhibition onto developing and mature granule cells generates high-frequency filters with variable gain.
eLife 4:e08764 (2015)
- Marin-Burgin A, Mongiat LA, PardiMB, Schinder AF.
Unique Processing During a Period of High Excitation/Inhibition Balance in Adult-Born Neurons.
Science 335:1238-42 (2012)
- Marin-Burgin A, Schinder AF.
Requirement of adult-born neurons for hippocampus-dependent learning.
Behav Brain Res 227:391-399 (2012)
- Pouille F*, Marin-Burgin A*, Adesnik H, Atallah BV, ScanzianiM.
Input normalization by global feed forward inhibition expands cortical dynamic range.
Nature Neurosci 12:1577-1585 (2009)
- Baca SM*, Marin-Burgin A*, Wagenaar DA, KristanJr WB.
Widespread Inhibition proportional to excitation controls the gain of a leech behavioral circuit.
Neuron 57:276-289 (2008)
- Marin-Burgin A, Eisenhart FJ, Baca SM, KristanJr WB, French KA
Sequential development of electrical and chemical synaptic connections generates a specific behavioral circuit in the leech.
J Neurosci 25:2478-2489 (2005)
- Wach J*, Marin-Burgin A*, Klusch A, Forster C, Engert S, Sccwab A, Petersen M
Low-Threshold Heat Receptor in Chick Sensory Neurons is Upregulated Independently of Nerve Growth Factor after Nerve Injury.
Neuroscience 117:513-519 (2003)
- Marín-Burgin A, Szczupak L
Network Interactions among Sensory Neurons in the Leech.
J Comp Physiol A 189:59-67 (2003)